SUPER FAST chicken CHILI with green CHILES
Ok, so most of you know I eat at home 95% of the time. I'm picky, rarely impressed, I like to know what is 'in my food', and I love to cook. However, I'm not ALWAYS in the MOOD to make a meal (but I want DELISH). This recipe really shocked me. I took the original recipe I saw in 'Cooking Light' and made a few changes, but it literally tastes like you have simmered it, cooked it, and waved a magic wand. I'm NOT kidding.
I made this chili yesterday in about 15 minutes. It will take most people 20 minutes (took me longer to load the dishwasher honestly), as I realize I'm super fast in the kitchen. I love my original chili recipe that I posted earlier this year, but sometimes I want to mix it up - this recipe does JUST that! It is gluten free, under 400 calories a serving, filling, healthy, quick, DELISH, great for entertaining a couple extra guests...I could go on, but I'll get to the point.
chicken CHILI with green CHILES ingredients
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (you will divide this)
- 2 (15 oz) cans of white beans (I use navy, but any white bean fine), drained and rinsed (you will use one can at a time)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika (regular or smoked, doesn't matter)
- 2 (4 oz) cans of mild chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 ear of corn cut off cob, or 3/4 cup corn (optional)
- 12 oz of precooked, boneless chicken breast or rotisserie chicken (about 2 cups)
- avocado, cheese, sour cream as your garnishes (all optional)
chicken CHILI with green CHILES steps
- Put 1/2 cup chicken stock in a blender (or food processor) with 1 can of the drained, rinsed white beans and blend. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven pan, on medium heat, add olive oil. Add chopped onion and corn, then saute for a 2-3 minutes. Add chopped garlic and cook another minute while mixing.
- Add bean mixture, remaining stock, paprika, the green chiles, other can of rinsed, whole, white beans, salt, pepper to onion mix in dutch oven. Bring to a low boil (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce heat, and add chopped or shredded chicken. Cook 2 minutes. Add lime Juice, and stir thoroughly. Serve into bowls. Garnish as you wish
stats: serves 4. Per serving: 14 grams fat (included avocado); 25 g protein; 12 g fiber; sugars < 5 g; calories approximately 390 (depends on garnish)